Did You Know? How to Export to CSV with Raven Filter Sets
Filter sets are a handy feature for Raven’s data-rich tools. These shortcuts make it easy for you to refine records and pull from lists of data just the information you’re looking for.
Previously, we’ve talked about how to create and use filter sets.
But there’s more! Did you know that all that filtered data can be downloaded as a CSV file and reported on? Keep reading to learn see how it can be done.
What are filter sets?
Filter sets are an easy and convenient way to filter out information or records that you might not need, so you can just concentrate on the data that is most important to you and/or your client.
A number of tools in Raven allow you to filter your data. They include:
- Keyword Manager
- Competitor Manager
- Event Manager
- Tag Manager
- Site Auditor
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Research Central
- Content Manager
- Blog Manager
- Link Manager
- Backlink Explorer
- Insights Keywords
- Insights Content
If you’re not sure, just look for a Filter Options icon like this one:
Keywords, records and other data can be filtered based on different kinds of criteria depending on each tool.
How to generate a CSV report
Filter sets are reportable in a PDF format. But if you would prefer to export any of your filtered data to CSV, you can do that too. Here are the steps:
1. Create a new filter set or access any previously saved filters. For this example, we’ll use the Keyword Manager and filter to just the keywords that we previously tagged as “High Priority.” I will select High Priority from my list of saved filters.
Once you select your filter, Raven will display all related records – in this case, all the keywords tagged as “High Priority.”
Note that the tags you add to your keywords will auto-populate in the Tags selector and show as an option on the drop-down menu.
2. Click the gear icon to the top left of the keyword table, just next to the Display options.
3. From the drop-down menu, select Save to CSV.
4. Once you click Save to CSV, you will see a gray bar at the top of the page letting you know that you will be notified once the report is ready for your to download. After a few seconds, the notification that your CSV is ready for download should be displayed.
5. Click the Download link to get your CSV report.
Filter sets offer lots of flexibility and power to Raven customers – and with the ability to download all your information, the possibilities are endless. Happy filter reporting!