Moz and MajesticSEO Make Beautiful Babies Together
Beautiful people make beautiful babies. In the same way, a data mashup can be a beautiful thing when great data comes together from two sources.
In Raven software, you’ll find data mashups around every corner, so we’re familiar with what makes a great one.
First, a data mashup is great when there are high quality data sources as parents. Second, a data mashup is great when you learn something new or it solves a problem that you wouldn’t necessarily catch by viewing one data source by itself.
11 Data Mashups You May Be Missing in Raven
Thank goodness in 2000 companies began launching APIs on the Web. APIs are what allows developers to pull in authorized data from multiple places.
In Raven, we’ve done the grunt work for you, and we’ve figured out which marketing data sources make beautiful babies together.
Research Central alone pulls in over 100 unique metrics. Here are 11 of our favorite data mashups.
1. One Dashboard to Rule Them All
Raven’s dashboard gives you a snapshot of what’s happening with your marketing campaign. Is there a spike in traffic? Or are you seeing more SEO issues than the last crawl? These are insights you can quickly see from one place.
- Data Sources: Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, Google Webmaster Tools, Raven
- Find it in Raven: Log in or start a free trial and you’re there!
- Learn more about Raven’s Dashboard
2. Authority Scores Working Together
Quickly see the health of any website and then track it over time. You can also compare a website for up to two competitors. Click Tool Options > Create PDF Report to easily create a report for a prospect.
- Date Sources: MajesticSEO, Moz, Google, Raven, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Klout
- Find it in Raven: Campaign > Site Performance
- Learn more about Site Performance
3. A Truck Load of Analysis at Your Fingertips
If you have questions about a specific website or keyword, Research Central is a good place to start looking for an answer. This powerhouse displays over 100 unique metrics based on what you’re looking for.
- Data Sources: MajesticSEO, Moz, Google AdWords, Bing, Calais, Alexa, Whois, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Raven
- Find it in Raven: Research > Research Central
- Learn more about Research Central
4. A Quality Score You can Control
You don’t have to rely on an algorithm from one data source to help you gauge the quality of a site. With the quality section of Research Central, you can design your own score. Plug in the metrics that matter to you and then give them different weights. This allows you to know exactly why one website is scoring higher than another.
- Data Sources: MajesticSEO, Moz, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Raven, Alexa, Whois
- Find it in Raven: Research > Research Central > Research a URL > Quality
- Learn more about Raven Custom Quality Scores
5. Moz and Majestic Links in One Place
Do you prefer link data from Moz or MajesticSEO? That’s a trick question since you can pull links from both sources in the backlinks section of Research Central. Having everything in one place gives you a fuller picture.
- Data Sources: MajesticSEO, Moz
- Find it in Raven: Research > Research Central > Research a URL > Backlinks
- Learn more about Backlinks in Research Central
6. Compare Multiple Sites Head to Head
You can compare the strengths and weaknesses of your site against a competitor in the compare section of Research Central. You’ll be able to tell exactly where there is room for improvement. You can compare your site to up to five other sites.
- Data Sources: MajesticSEO, Moz, Raven, Twitter, Google+, Raven
- Find it in Raven: Research > Research Central > Research a URL > Compare
- Learn more about Comparing Websites in Research Central
7. Google and Bing Rankings Side by Side
Monitor your Google and Bing rankings over time. You can also view Google AdWords keyword data alongside rankings to spot opportunities while analyzing data.
- Data Sources: Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools, Google AdWords
- Find it in Raven: SEO > Rankings
- Learn more about Keyword Rankings
8. Putting Link Monitoring on Autopilot
When you monitor links in Raven, you’ll know if a link is no longer active or not. You can track movements in Moz authority scores or see if the link changes location on the page. Plus, you can automatically import links found by Google so you can easily manage and monitor links as they come in.
- Data Sources: Google Analytics, Moz, MajesticSEO, Raven
- Find it in Raven: SEO > Link Manager
- Learn more about Link Manager
9. Discover Link Building Opportunities The Smart Way
Link data from Moz and MajesticSEO make Site Finder a link builder’s dream. With a phrase and a country, you’ll find the top ranking websites for a niche. But not only do you see the obvious players, but also which pages in your niche are linking to the obvious players. By seeing these layers, you can more easily find the best opportunities.
- Data Sources: Moz, MajesticSEO
- Find it in Raven: SEO > Site Finder
- Learn more about Site Finder
10. Your Social Monitoring in One Place
Community managers can create custom views of real time social data to monitor brands or to research a competitor or topic. Choose to pull in data from Twitter lists, Twitter replies, posts to a Facebook page or results from your social monitor searches all in the same place.
- Data Sources: DataSift, Twitter, Facebook
- Find it in Raven: Social > Social Stream
- Learn more about Social Stream
11. Report on Data That Makes You Money
Of course, Raven is the ultimate data mashup. Since there are countless ways to arrange and toggle on and off data, you can present prospects and clients with the information they care about. The power of this mashup is that it’s yours, so be sure to put your logo on it!
- Data Sources: Alexa, AWeber, Bing Webmaster Tools, Calais, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, DataSift, Emma, Facebook, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Webmaster Tools, Klout, LinkedIn, MailChimp, MajesticSEO, Moz, Raven, Twitter, YouTube, YSlow
- Find it in Raven: Reports > Report Wizard
- Learn more about Report Wizard
Data is what allows a marketer to prove they are making a business money. It’s what shows a prospect why their competition is crushing them. It’s what keeps a client engaged and asking about different services.
The more data you have access to, the more flexibility you have in analyzing and pulling out the metrics that provide value for your campaigns.
Which data mashup baby could you not live without?