Raven Welcomes More Smart Birds
Without question, online marketing encompasses more strategies, tactics and techniques by the day.
In turn, Raven encompasses an array of tools and reports to help overwhelmed online marketers. There’s a lot to communicate clearly to people checking out Raven for the first time.
That’s why we’re pleased as punch that Nicolette V. Beard joined our team as Senior Digital Marketing Strategist.
I wanted to market a company that understands online marketing. What better place to be than a company passionate about helping online marketers?
Nicolette has real-life, hands-on experience as an online marketer in an agency setting. She’s independent, intelligent, entrepreneurial — qualities we respect — having founded and grown four companies to success. In 2007, she started Searchlight Marketing as a sole proprietor with one online real estate client. Over the next 10 years, she contracted and consulted with clients ranging from small business startups to e-commerce websites to multi-million dollar B2B customers. She’s worked on more than 100 websites.
I wanted to find a home for my talents, and I found it in Raven. I’m surrounded by smart, funny, kind and considerate people. That makes me happy.
That makes us happy, too.
Get To Know Nicolette, a.k.a. NickiB
You’ll be hearing a lot from Nicolette in the future — she’ll share online marketing advice, research, important trends you should know about. She’ll help you learn how to get the most out of Raven too. She’s been a Raven customer off and on — mostly on — since 2007.
Why not give her a follow on Twitter to start? She’s @RavenNickiB.
Meanwhile, here are a few details to help you get to know her:
1. What she reads: “I’m a voracious reader and scour Mashable, TechCrunch, eConsultancy, eMarketer, Marketing Land and MarketingProfs, to name a few, on a regular basis. I typically do not read most SEO blogs, newsletters or forums with the exception of Bill Slawski (@bill_slawski), Michael Martinez (@seo_theory), Eric Ward (@ericward) and Lee Odden (@leeodden), whose best practices I’ve been following for years.”
2. What she thinks about Raven HQ: “What’s surprised me most coming from the agency side is how laid back everyone is at Raven. Everyone wears headphones, and the work space is gratifyingly peaceful.”
3. Her all-time favorite article that she wrote: “This is from my personal blog. It still brings tears to my eyes.” Are You My Father?
4. How she answers a few famous questions posed by Proust:
- What is your greatest fear? Heights.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with? Catherine de Medici.
- Which living person do you most admire? Gloria Steinem.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Backseat driver, but from the passenger front seat.
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Arrogance.
- What do you most value in your friends? Kindness.
- On what occasion do you lie? If no good can come from telling the truth.
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “That is sooo funny.”
- When and where were you happiest? “In Bayfield, Ontario, renting a cabin overlooking the Great Lake with my husband early in our relationship.”
- What is your motto? “To thine own self be true.”
We’ve been busy realigning our teams at Raven HQ to do a better job helping our customers succeed.
Co-founder Jon Henshaw leads the charge for Research and Development. Co-founder Scott Holdren has a new team dedicated to keeping Raven’s systems stable and speedy. Jason West is our new Director of Development. I’m the new Director of Marketing and Customer Experience.
Every team is working on significant projects that we’ll share details about soon.
A few people have new roles, such as Nate Baker — a.k.a. @RavenNate — who’s our Social Media Marketing Specialist, and Irene Phelps, our Customer Experience Analyst. For an example of that duo in action behind the scenes, see this. Nate shared the customer’s good idea with Irene, who worked with our development team to make it happen… that same day.
— Jon Henshaw (@RavenJon) April 22, 2014
Finally, if you haven’t already met them, get to know the several other smart people who have joined Raven in recent months, including:
- Byron Albert, Dev Ops Engineer
- Daniel Swinney, Developer
- Heather Haley, Customer Education Specialist
- Kevin Crawley, Developer
- Lizzie Keiper, Customer Education Specialist
- Steve Medeiros, Customer Education Specialist
You can read all about them on Raven’s Team page.
Would you like to join us? We’re hiring!