New Evidence of an Apple iPhone SDK
This afternoon I received an announcement from the Apple Developer Connection announcing their upcoming Performance Tuning workshops. These intensive developer camps aren’t unusual – Apple hosted iPhone web development seminars this summer. However, the description for this one caught my eye. It read (emphasis mine):
These 3-day workshops are designed to provide you with the tools and understanding you need to enhance application performance on Apple’s desktop and mobile platforms.
With coding time and access to Apple’s graphics and optimization experts, you’ll learn how to:
- • Properly factor your code so that the highest efficiency is realized on multi-core processors
- • Use the Accelerate framework in your application to facilitate high precision math functions
- • Utilize performance analysis tools so you can apply analysis techniques throughout your code writing process
In addition to the hands-on coding, you’ll see technical presentations on:
- • Architecture of the Intel multi-core processor
- • Apple’s powerful set of performance analysis tools
- • Best practices for using Xcode in your development effort
So is the reference to “mobile platforms” just a mistake? I sure hope not.