KEYNOTE – Lessons Learned: Maximizing Returns with Your Digital Marketing Investments
Session description: Lessons learned as they relate to digital media and advertising based on an array of comScore studies. Guiding agencies down a path toward more effective planning, stronger evaluation and overall improved results.
Speakers: Hugh McGoran
The advertising ecosystem has changed drastically over the last 10-15 years with this little thing we call the “internet”. Brands, agencies, ad networks, exchanges and SSPs, DSPs, publishers, data providers, and agency trading desks have all had the game changed on them. (Yeah, I went there.)
What he said
- A very large number of your web visitors are coming from outside the United States. Remember that when you are working on messaging. A major US website can have up to 75% of foreign views.
- Mobile will eventually take over the majority of web browsing. Start thinking about that now…how are you going to optimize your site for mobile?
- Three biggest areas of mobile activity: Online shopping, social media, the weather.
- Fans of a brand on Facebook are generally more likely to visit their website. Friends of those fans tend to visit the websites as well.
- The number of clicks on ads has been cut in half in the last few years. A click means nothing. 8% of all internet users account for 85% of all banner ad clicks.
- Again, mobile directly affects how we interact with content. How will we reach people with the mobile web?
- The power is shifting completely to the customer. Never forget that.
- Use social media measurement to inform your social strategies. Use KPI’s that matter to your individual business.