Mark Wubben just announced the release of sIFR 3 Revision 209. This revision includes the following new features:
- Support for pixel fonts through the
- A way to stop the page jumps by specifying the
- Support for fixed font sizes and sizes relative to the main size, see
- Simplification in the API, you can now pre-fetch by passing the movies to
prefetch(). See the How to use.
- Improved pre-fetch code for Internet Explorer.
- Laid groundwork to communicate with the Flash movies.
Pixel Fonts & sIFR
I’m particularly interested in the support for pixel fonts — fonts that are designed to be very small, but legible. We use pixel fonts in our futurpublish products, but I’ve generally stayed away from using them on websites, because I could only use them on images. Support for pixel fonts means I can use some of my favorite pixel fonts to stylize headers and navigation elements. This essentially opens up the possibility of new design and layout options.
- Nightlies: List of daily builds of sIFR
- sIFR 3 Revision 209: The revision related to this entry