Did You Know? How to Schedule Reports in Raven
Raven’s recent redesign reorganized the navigation of our tools. But the functionality of Raven hasn’t changed — what you could do before you can do now, only a little faster.
For example, Raven’s popular Report Wizard remained basically the same, though we took the opportunity to make the reporting process more efficient. If you have long used Raven to create scheduled reports, you might notice a few small changes.
Today we’ll walk through the entire, simple process for scheduling a report.
1. Navigate to Reports > Reports Wizard.
2. Click the New Scheduled Report button at the top right of the page.
3. Choose your report frequency (monthly, weekly, daily or quarterly) on the window that pops up. Depending on the option you select, you will need to indicate the day of the month, day of the week or first day of the year for the quarterly options. Then choose the date range of the data that you want to include on the report (last month, this month, custom date ranges or a fixed date). Click the Submit button.
4. Choose a Report Template. Automatically, Raven will take you to the report builder section of the Report Wizard. If you have created Report Templates in Raven already, you will see a box that allows you to select one of your report template.
If you want, select the select the report template you would like to use from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, start adding modules to your report. The box (if you saw one) will disappear.
5. Finish adding all of the report modules you want to include in your scheduled report.
6. Click the Edit Report button located at the top of the page next to the Preview Report button.
A window will pop up with three tabs. Here’s what you’ll find in each tab:
- Report Attributes: You can change the report name, select a different brand template, modify the date format and change the font from default to alternate to display non-English characters.
- Scheduling: You can change the settings from those that you selected at the beginning of the process. If necessary, you can modify the frequency and/or date range of the report after the fact.
- Email Settings: You can add the email address(es) to which you want Raven to deliver the report. Also, you can add a subject line and a message for the body of the email. Finally, you can select the format of the report: either a trackable download link or a PDF attachment.
6. Click Submit, and your report is scheduled and ready to go.