There’s nothing like hometown pride.
And Raven’s Explore Minneapolis Pinterest contest tapped into a deep wellspring of it. We asked contestants to pin their favorite things about the area and got plenty of Twin Cities love in response.
Winners Gina Threinen, Milosz Pekala, Angela Bengtson, Jeff Pester and Becky Billings each will receive one ticket worth $450 to Explore Minneapolis, a two-day event Aug. 16-17 bringing the leading digital and social media marketing practitioners and thought leaders to the Twin Cities.
And everyone attending Explore Minneapolis gets a pretty awesome resource when it comes to finding out where to spend some spare time in the greater Minneapolis area.
We’ve combined the best of our winners’ Twin Cities suggestions into one giant Explore Minneapolis Pinterest board.
While the Mary Tyler Moore statue, Target Field and some mention of biking made nearly every board, each of our winners’ board provide a particular outlook onto the city.
- Looking for the city’s best coffee, great eats and desserts (including our first introduction to Kramarczuk)? Check out Becky Billings’ board.
- Museums and landmarks factor big into the board of Angela Bengtson’s board, who also uploaded these awesome Post-Its of Twin Cities suggestions a friend gave her. Though we work in Internet marketing, we still appreciated the lo-fi elegance of this solution.
- Milosz Pekala’s board shows off the best of everything the Twin Cities has to offer, from best speakeasy to best Thai food to best local musician (Prince, of course).
- Jeff Pester’s board offers up some unique restaurants, pubs and lounges worth checking out – proving that he’s a man who surely knows the way to Raven’s heart.
- Outdoor activities and shopping meccas abound in Gina Threinen’s board – great for Minneapolis in the summer.
Congrats to all of our winners – we’re excited to see you all very soon at Explore Minneapolis!
If you didn’t score a free ticket, we’ve still got a deal for you: Enter the code ILOVESME when you purchase your Explore ticket for a discount of $200.