Raven Power Users: efficient, quality link building with Site Finder
One of the things that makes Raven so unique is that it gives you multiple data sources at your fingertips. Traditionally, when doing any aspect of SEO you’re forced to use single tools that only look at one set of data. When we created Raven, our goal was to bring together multiple tools to provide you with as many unique data sources as we could. Site Finder is a perfect example of that.
Site Finder is powered by two of the industry’s leading sources of data for link building: MajesticSEO and SEOmoz. If you have ever attended a Internet marketing conference, you’ll more than likely hear both of those tools referenced as strong link building tools. Now imagine what you could do if you combined them. That’s what you get with Site Finder.
Let’s take a look at what kinds of data you can expect to get from using Site Finder.
To start, we’ll need to choose a keyword or keyword phrase to research. The way Site Finder operates is that you input a keyword or phrase you’re interested in targeting, and Raven will analyze the backlinks of the Top 10 ranking results in Google for that term/phrase.
Our tool focuses on finding the connections between the websites that are ranking and the backlinks they have that are contributing to their positioning. Raven then pulls multiple quality indicators from both MajesticSEO and SEOmoz to create a quality score to help you rate the links.
Site Finder’s quality score is a combination of:
- Connections: The number of common backlinks between the websites ranking for the keyword/phrase you are researching.
- Citation Flow: MajesticSEO’s quality score that predicts how influential a URL might be based on how many sites link to it, on a scale of 1 to 100.
- mozRank: A quality score by SEOmoz that shows how popular a given web page is on a scale between 1 and 10. An “average” MozRank of what most people think of a normal page on the Internet is around 3.
- Page Authority: Another SEOmoz score focusing on how well a web page is likely to rank in Google’s search results on a 100-point scale.
- Backlinks: The number of known links to the domain.
- Quality: A mashup score that combines all the other metrics we’ve talked about here into one easy-to-compare visual. Connections is weighted more heavily than the other factors. Once the formula is applied to all results, the system then scales it to fix the maximum and minimum values for each individual Site Finder report.
What makes Site Finder such an efficient tool for link building is that you won’t have to research each website ranking in the top SERP results individually to figure out which links you need to acquire. Not only will Site Finder rate the websites by quality score, it will even let you know which of the backlinks from that domain will have the greatest impact on your ranking.
Like all of Raven’s tools, Site Finder works with other Raven features, too. If you want to analyze a domain further, there are links throughout the Site Finder result to analyze them with Raven’s Backlink Explorer, Quality Analyzer and Research Assistant. You can also quickly add a link to the Link Manager and assign it to someone on your team to go out and acquire.
Remember, Site Finder is going to return up to 1,000 potential link partners for your website. You can sort by whatever quality score is most important to you to speed up the evaluation process.
With Site Finder, you can spend more time acquiring links now that you were able to save so much time during the research process.