Since the announcement of Adobe’s new cross-platform runtime, Apollo, I’ve been busy building sample applications and dreaming up new ideas. To make this easier, I created a quick Apollo bundle for TextMate. It’s very basic, but it gets the job done. It includes the following items:
- Application Descriptor Template
- Debug Command – launches a debug instance of your app.
- Package Command – packages your app.
To install, simply download the bundle, unzip, and double-click to install into TextMate. Note: the bundle makes two assumptions about your development environment.
- The Apollo SDK is installed in “/Applications/apollo” on your machine.
- Your application descriptor XML file should be called “app.xml”.
If either of these assumptions don’t match your setup, you can easily change them by editing the bundle in TextMate.
Download the Apollo TextMate bundle.
Oh, and of course this bundle is totally open source (MIT License). If you make any changes or improvements, please let me know and I’ll keep this post updated. If there’s sufficient need, I can setup a dedicated page for it on sitening.com as well as a SVN repository.